May God Bless You this day beyond measure! May He pour out His richest blessings in lavish ever-increasing abundant overflowing blessings of LOVE, JOY, PEACE, HOPE and PERFECT HEALTH upon YOU!!! May your every need be met and may everything you put your hand to prosper. Know that you are His chosen child and you are Loved and Treasured by the King of Kings. God Bless You!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Feast and Flop Day

Knowing that there are others besides myself who have had their world changed overnight by health issues or the resolve to live a better healthier life, knowing the need for support and understanding...
I have decided that beginning today, Friday will now be known as Feast and Flop Day here at Sowing Stitches.
Pretty much, I went 'cold turkey' eliminating gluten, dairy, eggs, artificial sugars,meats that are not wild caught or organic and corn.
Each week will have spotlight something different and primarily I will dedicate this time to share tips [what works & doesn't], support, book reviews, helpful websites and blogs, recipes and be available to answer questions....and if I don't know the answer we can research together! :)

Thankfully the local Public Library has a wealth of information! [And if by chance your local library doesn't have these titles, if you ask, they may just order the book! Our local branch has ordered several books just because I asked!! One of the great things about public libraries, they truly do like to have available the books patrons want to read!]These are a few of the books I have been reading since July. Unfortunately I didn't record the first dozen or so stacks of books...I may try to check them out again so you can have more titles available.
 

And if the library is 'not your cup of tea' the internet has loads of information! I will have a list of internet resources available for you soon.

First of all...eating a diet free of Gluten and other foods mentioned above is not a 'death sentence' there are many great tasting foods free of Gluten! One of my favorites, wild caught shrimp. One just has to be very dedicated to read labels...and when in doubt...do without! The effects of hidden gluten can be quite devastating.

I have found weekends to be the most difficult with the transition to a better healthier lifestyle. It does require a bit more planning for grab and go meals...but...I am new at this and with time comes knowledge and increased speed of preparation!


  One of the biggest helps is the list "Foods to Avoid" in my phone so that no matter where I go I have a handy reference. I have another phone list of every imaginable name for gluten,corn, dairy, eggs etc... this has been a 'life-saver' when reading labels in the grocery store! I also keep a list "Feast and Enjoy" foods that are 'user friendly' to my body.

Happy Feast & Flop Day!

with love as always,
Beulah

11 comments:

  1. Good luck in your journey!!!
    Best wishes ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be difficult to have to change your whole way of eating and learning what you can and can't eat. Good luck to you and it is wonderful that you are willing to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Terry, the benefits of the diet change make it worthwhile. :) I am more than happy to help anyone escape the pain, discomfort, side effects brought on by foods....thankfully there are many healthy delicious options available! :)

      Delete
  3. I'll be following along - I'm in the same boat and pretty much "lost at sea"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard! :) Friday I will be sharing how to make grain free brownies!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are really doing it right! Any chance you would be willing to share your lists that you have in your phone for the rest of us? Thank you for being willing to share your new path with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Thank you for sharing what you've learned! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the vote of confidence in public libraries - from a librarian in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a visit to share your thoughts, ideas and words of encouragement! May your day be filled with overflowing endless hours of Joy blanketed in Love.